Aube Conference of funders of measures to prevent
the loss of independence
Marigny-le-Châtel and Marcilly-le-Hayer collective preventive action
(1st october 2016 – 31st december 2016)
The aim of the “Conference of funders of measures to prevent the loss of elderly individuals’ independence” is to plan and coordinate, in each French department, expenditure on measures to prevent the loss of independence.
Under the chairmanship of the Conseil Départemental (local council), this conference brings together key players involved in preventing the loss of independence, including the local department (coordinator), the State, the Regional Health Authority, pension funds, local authorities and user organisations.
Following on from an innovative action model constructed with Mutualité Française Champagne Ardenne SSAM and the Grand Est Regional Health Authority (see Prépéca), the aim of the project is to implement actions to prevent the loss of independence and promote good health which involve both Marigny-le-Châtel and Marcilly-le-Hayer. The idea is to rely on Marigny-le-Châtel’s territorial dynamism in health matters to engage Marcilly-le-Hayer’s inhabitants and elderly residents, so as to promote preventive actions aimed at the elderly and to help reduce health inequalities, while at the same time bringing social and political benefits that are a potential incentive for local players.
- To contact local councillors and bring them on board
- To gain insight into the target population group, the elderly: to characterise the perceptions and practices of the target population group across both communities
- On the basis of this insight and in collaboration with local players (general practitioners, chemists, voluntary sector managers, social workers, etc.), to roll out preventive actions and measures to promote good health that have the potential to become an established part of local life.
- To produce a review of the project in order to identify a methodology that makes the prevention/health promotion approach reproducible.
- Prevention/health promotion actions (5 provisionally) intended for elderly people in both communities.
- Final report containing two case studies, an activity review and a methodology for the reproducibility of prevention/health promotion actions.