Aube Conference of funders of measures to prevent
the loss of independence
Collective information action for home improvement
via assistive technology
(october 2016 – february 2017)
The aim of the “Conference of funders of measures to prevent the loss of elderly individuals’ independence” is to plan and coordinate, in each French department, expenditure on measures to prevent the loss of independence.
Under the chairmanship of the Conseil Départemental (local council), this conference brings together key players involved in preventing the loss of independence, including the local department (coordinator), the State, the Regional Health Authority, pension funds, local authorities and user organisations.
The purpose of the project is to test a package of technologies in the homes of ten elderly people in the Les Chartreux district of Troyes, by monitoring the whole of the take-up process from information and awareness raising in a public area through to installation in the elderly individual’s home and evaluation of usage.
- To set up the project in the Les Chartreux district: presentation, meeting with players involved.
- To put together a package of in-home assistive technologies.
- To establish criteria and identify test beneficiaries.
- To organise a temporary stand in a public area of the Les Chartreux district and to co-construct the package of technologies with users.
- To test the package of technologies aimed at supporting independence and managing dependence in the homes of elderly individuals.
- To install the technologies in the homes of the elderly individuals and to monitor and evaluate usage thereof by the elderly individuals and their professional and informal carers.
- Organisation of a temporary stand
- Purchase of equipment
- Tests in 10 homes
- Evaluation report on usage of the technologies, with recommendations as to a basket of services and method of communication for the assistive technology offer.